The very first thing that you should know about slot games is that at their very core, they use a computer program called a random number generator which constantly generates numbers that will in turn determine where the reels stop. This means that essentially there is no way for you to be able to predict where the symbols will land. No matter what you hear or what you are tempted to think, you must remember this fact!
An online casino will always have the house edge if you play for long enough – but in the short run you could win some massive jackpots.
RTP (Return to player)
RTP stands for return to player, and is the amount that you can expect the casino to pay out on a specific slot machine. They always detail this on the site, and the higher the number associated with the game, the better. You should always be looking for it to be in the high nineties, which is the case on most sites.
See below for an example taken from Slot Shack, a popular site offering slot machines. The RTP for all games at this site is listed within the ‘paytables’ of each game but Slot Shack goes one step further and provides an information table for most of the games it hosts – at a glance the RTP is visible.
Hints and Tips
Below are some tips that we definitely recommend when playing on slot games:
- Treat it as a bit of fun. Remember the house has the edge, so don’t go in with a preconceived idea that you will win lots of cash, in the event you do, that’s an added bonus!
- Manage your budget. All casino sites worth their salt take responsible gambling very seriously, so make sure that you only spend money that you can really afford to lose. Don’t break the bank.
- If you are on a tight budget, don’t utilise the auto play function as your money will be spent far too quickly. They don’t pause, so it means that the reels will just keep on spinning without prompting.
- Try out the games in demo mode if possible. We all like to try before we buy, and you can do that on some casino sites out there, notably the Mobile Casino Network . Look out for ones that offer free spins as an incentive in some way, or else brands that allow you to play for free. That way you can get used to the game and make sure you like it before you make a deposit.
There aren’t any real strategies per say – most of them that you hear will be a myth, but if you follow our slot game tips, then you are sure to have an enjoyable experience playing your favourite slot machine.
Set a Loss Limit
Nothing kills the excitement of playing online slots more than realizing that you’re not only out of money in your online account, but that you’ve maxed out your credit cards as well. When playing online slots, you can get caught up in the excitement and thrill of it all and lose track of time. Don’t allow yourself to overspend. Set a loss limit so that once you reach it (if you lose a certain amount of money in a day), you can stop and come back and try your luck another day.
Vary Your Slot Machine Games
When you play the same casino slots games for a long period of time you may feel as though the ‘next pull will be the winner,’ but sometimes that leads you to continue to overspend without thinking too much about it. A good strategy is to change the slots games that you play from time to time. Try a 3 reel game for a while then check out a 9 reel, for example. Switch between a single line and a multi line slot machine. Try playing smaller stakes or spinning a single reel at a time to extend your playing time and thus your enjoyment.
Multi-line casino slots games often feature mini-games that help enhance the gaming experience.. These feature games help by prolonging the gamers time spent on a single machine for the same money. Mini-games tend to be offered on featured slots such as The Punisher, The Incredible Hulk, X-men and more. There are new multi-line slots games with feature games coming out every month. So check your casino often for new games and don’t get caught up playing the same machine over and over again. After all winning is based on a random setting. Continue reading
Nowadays you can get just about everything over the Internet, whether it be a new hat, a takeaway meal or even an online casino.
As you will all know, for just about every product or service we seek, thousands of results will be presented to us on the internet. The difficulty is sifting through the results to find a trustworthy and reliable choice.
The above scenario will be especially true for anyone who has ever sought an online casino. There are few industries more competitive that offer such a range of the good, the bad and the ugly. We hope this guide will take the pain out of choosing your next casino site!
- This is the main thing you should be checking for when you choose your next casino site. The site MUST be licensed and regulated in a well-recognised jurisdiction. UK players should not consider playing at a casino or bingo site that is not registered with the UK Gambling Commission. Even if a site has Gambling Commission logos (usually seen in the footer of the website), it is still well worth checking to see if the site is registered.
Sites that are properly licensed and regulated generally provide a safe environment to play by ensuring sites adhere to a set of rules, which include:
- Minimum pay-out levels, the website is not allowed to simply take all the money you wager.
- Fund segregation- funds will be safe and even in the event that the site goes out of business, the money in your account should still be returned.
- Data protection- Your personal details and banking information will be highly protected.
- Reviews – Coming in right after regulation is reviews. Making the most of reviews is something of a skill in itself. You need to recognise that some websites that you will find in Google are associated with certain brands, often on an affiliate basis. This means that some ‘review’ sites will put their vested interest in sending you onwards as a paying customer over their responsibility to write honest reviews. Be careful! Try to find sites that feature reviews written by players – they are often more reliable.
- The Welcome Package – Once you have established a site is trustworthy, it is time to go bonus shopping. Of course, you will want a place that offers all your favourite games, but as a new player you can benefit from a lot of highly competitive special offers designed to entice you. In fact, our top tip would be to open accounts at many different sites, not only will this allow you to benefit from the initial welcome offers, but you may also be pleasantly surprised by how many sites will throw goodies your way in an effort to retain you as a customer!
- The Promotions – Always check out the promotions on offer, a regularly updated promotions page is a great sign of life. Bingo brands are often the best known for offering unusual promotions. We’ve seen Sun Bingo giveaway 50 Fiat 500’s right through to Rocket Bingo giving away an Ipod for carving a pumpkin! The brands that go to the trouble of offering promotions tend to be the more ‘hands on’ and will often also offer good customer service.
We hope these top 4 tips will go a long way towards helping you find your next place to play slots!
Online slots are a great way for you to not only have some gambling enjoyment from home, but to earn some money whilst you’re at it. Online casinos have opened up the world of gambling for many, enabling you to get all the enjoyment out of slots from the privacy and safety of your own home instead of venturing out to a casino. With a huge number of land casinos now offering digital slots, playing from home isn’t always hugely different anyway. And, if you want to indulge in this popular pastime, then there are a few considerations which you should remember.
1. Choice of Casino
You may not think that your choice of casino is particularly important, but it can be crucial for your enjoyment and possible winnings. It’s important that you research casinos before you start to deposit large amounts of cash, and ensure that each venue has a range of games you’d want to play. Even if you’re looking for your favorite title, choose an online establishment which has a range of attractive games so you’re not stuck playing just one title. Looking at casino based winnings is also important so that you can be sure gamblers are actually getting the payouts that you’re looking for.
2. Make Use of Bonuses
With a large number of online casinos wanting you to play at them, there are various promotions which you can utilize to maximum your playing money. Many venues offer sign up bonuses including giving you free money to play with, or free spins on certain games. If a venue is offering 100per cent bonus, it means they’ll match your deposit with the same amount of credits. Use these to your advantage so that you can deposit as little as possible but still have a large bankroll to play with.
3. Don’t be Dazzled by Glitzy Games
Many of the modern digital slots games are very glitzy, and use stunning animations and sounds to grip you. However, whilst the title may be entertaining, it might not actually payout very much, leading to lose large amounts of money in the blink of an eye. Be careful to only play on games where you have increased odds of winnings, because it can be very easy to get dazzled by beautiful graphics only to find your bankroll diminished within minutes.
4. Set a Bankroll
It’s important when playing online that you set yourself a bankroll and keep to it. With you easily able to top up your account and keep playing as much as you wish, you can move through a bankroll pretty quickly. So, for each gambling session, set yourself a bankroll and stick to it so that you don’t find yourself getting into gambling debt and spending more than you wanted to. Continue reading
History of slots
The first slot machine with three reels in it was invented in 1895 by car mechanic Charles Fey in 1895. This machine was called the Liberty Bell and had diamond, spade and heart symbols on each reel, with an additional broken liberty bell symbol, from where the machine got its name. The machine became so huge, that Charles Fey wasn’t able to keep up with the demand even when his own state banned gambling. Many have offered Fey to sell his production and distribution rights, but he refused. And that has led to the creation of Operator Bell, which was actually a modification of the Liberty Bell with the famous fruit symbols introduced to the reels.
In 1930s the industry has moved away from the original iron design that made the machines very heavy, and introduced wood boxes. During that period, there were also new designs introduced to the layout of the machines to make them more attractive and memorable.
But it was only in the mid 1960s when a fully automatic slot machine was introduced, that was able to operate and perform payouts without the help of an attendant. Continue reading